The Olive Tree Foundation, Inc. makes competitive grants to applicants who best meet the eligibility qualifications in the grantmaking year.
Eligible grant applicants are public agencies or organizations tax exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Proof of tax-exemption status is required with application.
The Olive Tree Foundation provides funding for:
Supporting institutions that develop the academic skills of youth during the critical stages of their development. Key objectives should include character-building; fostering ethics, teamwork, self-esteem and self-confidence; broadening horizons and aspirations; strengthening unique abilities and talents; developing community awareness and involvement; improving communication and interpersonal skills.
Funding the writing, editing, and publishing of works of historical interest (nonfiction), fiction and art OTF members believe should be made available to the public.
Granting support for institutions building structures that would improve the quality of life in communities or renovating structures that preserve a historical heritage.
Strengthening organizations involved in the protection of civil rights; uplifting individuals to enable them to become self-sufficient and self-sustaining; sheltering the indigent and infirm; supporting institutions involved in establishing and improving health and environmental infrastructures that enhance quality of life in the communities they serve.
The Olive Tree Foundation DOES NOT support:
- Funding for ongoing general operating expenses;
- Funding for staff salaries;
- Organizations with existing deficits;
- Private foundations as defined under Section 509(a) of the Internal Revenue Code;
- Direct support of individuals;
- Conferences or symposia (unless they clearly relate to The Olive Tree Foundation’s goals or an outgrowth of one of its grant programs);
- Organizations based outside of the United States;
- Fraternal organizations;
- Political organizations;
- Biomedical research;
- Organizations that do not follow OTF grant application guidelines;