Please read our guidelines to see if your tax-exempt, 501(c)(3), U.S.-based organization is eligible for funding.
OTF Grant Application Process
Applicants must complete an online grant application (only available during the grant-making period) that includes uploading a cover letter.
The required cover letter, which should not exceed one typewritten page, should succinctly explain:
- What your organization does
- How long your organization has been operating
- The problem or need your 501(c)(3) organization plans to address
- How granted funds will contribute to solving or ameliorating the problem or fulfilling the need, including the project’s principal objectives and expected outcome
- Timetable for the project or mission
- How the proposed project relates to The Olive Tree Foundation, Inc.’s mission and fulfills eligibility guidelines
- Whether the project requires partnerships with other organizations and their importance to its success
- Your plan for assessing the project’s results
- The total estimated project budget, including the amount requested from The Olive Tree Foundation, Inc. and any other anticipated sources of support
- Your plan for sustaining the project after grant funding expires
Applicants will also be asked to attach:
- An IRS Letter of Determination
- Latest IRS Form 990
- Latest financial statement or general operating budget
- Program budget
We recommend also including:
- A short video: This can provide The Olive Tree Foundation, Inc. Board of Directors and Grant Committee greater understanding of your organization’s purpose and needs.