Please read our eligibility guidelines to see if your tax-exempt, 501(c)(3), U.S.-based organization is eligible for funding. We are no longer accepting applications for 2021. Please check back in January 2022 for application dates.
OTF Grant Application Process
Applicants must complete an online grant application; this includes uploading a cover letter addressed to the Olive Tree Foundation Grant Committee.
The required cover letter, which should not exceed one typewritten page, should succinctly explain:
- What your organization does
- How long your organization has been operating
- The problem or need your 501(c)(3) organization plans to address
- How granted funds will contribute to solving or ameliorating the problem or fulfilling the need, including the project’s principle objectives and expected outcome
- The timetable for the project or mission
- How the proposed project relates to The Olive Tree Foundation, Inc.’s mission and fulfills eligibility guidelines
- Whether the project requires partnerships with other organizations and their importance to its success
- Your plan for assessing the project’s results
- The total estimated project budget, including the amount requested from The Olive Tree Foundation, Inc. and any other anticipated sources of support
- Your plan for sustaining the project after grant funding expires
- If you are requesting unrestricted funds because of COVID-19, your cover letter and application must address why. For example, provide details of how COVID-19 has negatively impacted your nonprofit’s income.
Applicants will must attach:
- An IRS Letter of Determination (proof of 501(c)3 status in your organization’s name)
- IRS Form 990 for the previous year (It’s beneficial to include the most recent year)
- A financial statement or general operating budget for the current year
- A breakdown of the budget for the program for which you are seeking funds
We recommend including:
- A short video (.mp4), which can provide The Olive Tree Foundation, Inc. Board of Directors and Grant Committee greater understanding of your organization’s mission and needs.